You are here

Want to share what you like about MassLegalHelp with us?


Leaving the Early Intervention program

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute & Justice Center of Southeast Massachusetts
Created February, 2022

The EI agency meets with you and a representative from your public school.  You review your child's development.   You discuss the services your child has been getting and options for when they turn 3 and move on from EI.  The agency has 6 months to write an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) for your child.

The meeting is a Transition Planning Conference (“TPC”).

The IFSP describes the support  and services your child should get after they turn 3 and move on from EI. An IFSP can support your child’s needs outside of school and your family’s needs.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm