Basic Benefits Training Series
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) and Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) present a series of 13 trainings for legal advocates, and for social, health and community services providers who assist low and moderate-income individuals and families.
- Registration must be done through MCLE (not MLRI). Registration information below.
- Tuition for legal services staff; social, health and community service providers; and non-lawyer advocates: $35 per person per session. All Others: $125 per person per session.
When registering on the MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop-down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
Programs are offered in-person at MCLE's Boston Conference Center and by live and recorded webcast.
Fall 2022 and Winter/Spring 2023 Trainings
See all the Basic Benefits Training descriptions, dates, times and links to registration on MCLE's website.
- October 4, 2022: Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness
- October 18, 2022: CORI Basics: Criminal Record Sealing, Expungement & Related Issues
- November 2, 2022: SSI & SSDI Basics
- December 13, 2022: Overview of the TAFDC Program, Massachusetts' Cash Assistance Program for Families
- January 18, 2023: Utilities—Advocacy for Low-Income Households in Massachusetts
- January 26, 2023: SNAP/Food Stamps Advocacy 101
- February 15, 2023: Tenants' Rights
- February 27, 2023: Health Care Access Programs
- March 2, 2023: Unemployment Insurance
- March 7, 2023: Income Maximization
- April 5, 2023: Immigrants & Public Benefits
- April 19, 2023: State & Federal Veterans' Benefits
- May 2, 2023: Elder Benefits Programs