Basic Benefits Training (BBT) Series
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) and Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) present a series of 13 trainings for legal advocates, and for social, health and community services providers who assist low and moderate-income individuals and families.
- Registration must be done through MCLE (not MLRI). Registration information below.
- Tuition for legal services staff; social, health and community service providers; and non-lawyer advocates: $35 per person per session. All Others: $125 per person per session.
When registering on the MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop-down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
Programs are offered in-person at MCLE's Boston Conference Center and by live and recorded webcast.
See all the Basic Benefits Training descriptions, dates, times and links to registration on MCLE's website.
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023: Emergency Assistance and Shelter Benefits
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023: CORI: Basics of the Criminal Justice Reform Law
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023: SSI & SSDI Basics
- Monday, December 4, 2023: Overview of the TAFDC Program
- Thursday, January 18, 2024: Utilities Rights for Low-Income Households in Mass.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024: SNAP/Food Stamps Advocacy 101
- Wednesday, February 28, 2024: Tenants' Rights
- Thursday, February 29, 2024: Health Care Access Programs
- Wednesday, March 6, 2024: Unemployment Insurance
- Wednesday, March 27, 2024: Immigrants & Public Benefits
- Wednesday, April 10, 2024: State & Federal Veterans' Benefits
- Tuesday, April 30, 2024: Elder Benefits Programs
- Thursday, May 2, 2024: Income Maximization