Can my child get special transportation?

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute & Justice Center of Southeastern Massachusetts
Created February, 2022

Your child can get special transportation if:

  • they need it because of their disability, and
  • they need the special transportation to get to their special education.

For example

Your child’s IEP might say “special door-to-door transportation” with a “bus monitor,” or special equipment like a special seat or seatbelt.

If your child does not need special transportation, they will get the same transportation as the other students in their school district.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm