You are here

How do I know if the IEP has all the services my child needs?

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute & Justice Center of Southeastern Massachusetts
Created February, 2022

Gather information about your child’s progress. Talk to their teachers. Keep track of their report cards and progress reports.

If you are concerned that your child is not getting the help they need, ask the school to do an evaluation.

For example,

If your child does not have speech language services, but you think they may need them, ask for an evaluation in speech.

If you disagree with the school’s evaluations, or if you are still unsure if your child needs more or different services, get an independent evaluation.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm