If your baby is not meeting milestones for their age and you are worried about their development, talk to your pediatrician.
If you live in Massachusetts, your baby may qualify for Massachusetts Early Intervention (EI), If they are under 3 years old and they:
- are not reaching age-appropriate milestones,
- are diagnosed with certain conditions,
- have developmental delays, or
- have a medical or social history which may put them at risk for a developmental delay.
Massachusetts EI is free. All your costs are covered.
Your pediatrician can refer you to EI, or you can call yourself.
- Call Family TIES of Massachusetts, Central Directory: (800) 905-8437, or
- Go online.
Early Intervention offers services from experts like speech and occupational therapists to help your child:
- interact with their peers,
- build relationships,
- gain knowledge and skills,
- use appropriate behaviors to meet their needs, and
- develop independence.
Early Intervention also helps families:
- learn about their rights,
- communicate their child’s needs, and
- help their children develop and learn.