You are here

What if I disagree with the school?

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute & Justice Center of Southeastern Massachusetts
Created February, 2022

If the school says your child does not need services, see What can I do if the school is wrong about my child?

If you think the school’s evaluation is wrong.

If you do not agree with your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).

If they put your child in the wrong placement.

If they are suspending or expelling your child and they should not.

If the school will not give your child the services they need.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm