You do not need to return to work if your employer cannot offer you suitable work.
- For all types of unemployment benefits, you can refuse work and still get unemployment benefits if:
- You are diagnosed with or have symptoms of COVID.
- You are caring for a family member diagnosed with COVID. Or
- In-person school is not available for your children
- A government agency or health care professional told you to quarantine.
- For regular UI, PEUC and Extended Benefits, you can refuse work and still get benefits if:
- The work puts you or an immediate family member or household member at risk for COVID. Or
- You believe that sending your child to in-person school so you can work puts you, an immediate family member, or household member at risk for COVID.