MBHP appeals can be started by writing or telephone
If your mental health services are managed by the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP), you can start the appeal by either writing them or calling.
It is always better to write and keep a copy of your letter. If you write, be sure to include:
- Your full name;
- The exact name of the service your provider requested;
- Over what time period the service was requested (for example, from November 15, 2008 through March 14, 2000
- Whether you would like the service you are receiving to continue while the decision is being appealed; and
- The reasons you think MBHP should change its decision.
- If you know your provider will be sending them a letter about why the service is medically necessary, say so in the appeal.
Send the appeal letter and supporting information to:
Member Appeals Coordinator Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership 150 Federal Street, 3rd Floor Boston, MA 02110
To call MBHP, dial 1-800-495-0086.
Press the number 4 at any time during the message, then press 2. You will be connected with someone who will get information about your appeal.
For information and advice on filing an appeal with MBHP, call the Mental Health Legal Advisors Committee at 617-338-2345, ext. 29.