You are here

What if they do not give me an interpreter or they ask me to bring my own?

Produced by Attorney Kendra Sena, Massachusetts Language Access Coalition
Created June 2015

If the program does not give you a free interpreter, complain:

  1. Ask to speak to a supervisor. If the supervisor doesn’t give you an interpreter,
  2. Write down:
    • the supervisor’s name,
    • the name of the program, and
    • the date.
  3. Report it to the Language Access Coalition:
    • phone graphic Call (260) 232-2557
    • cell phone graphic Text DENIED to (260) 232-2557
    • laptop graphic Report it online

The Language Access Coalition will investigate.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm