You are here

What if I owe child support?

Produced by Veterans Legal Clinic Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School
Created August 2018

Your VSO may try to stop you from getting benefits if he or she finds that you have “failed to support” your dependents. One example is if you have an outstanding child support order. You may need to get documents from Probate Court or the Department of Revenue to prove if you owe child support. 

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Chapter 115 Benefits for Veterans and their Dependents

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm