During the interview, the DTA worker should:
- Screen you for expedited (emergency) benefits. See When am I eligible for expedited (emergency) benefits?
- Confirm the information you gave on your application and any information DTA gets through government databases.
- Review the documents you sent in, tell you what verifications DTA needs and when they are due. See What proofs does DTA need and when?
- Answer any questions you have and offer to help if you need help getting verifications or contacting a third party for information.
- Review the exemptions and the work rules if you or a household member is subject to the ABAWD 3 month time limit. See What is the “ABAWD” 3-month time limit for childless adults age 18 to 50 ? and Who is exempt from the 3-month ABAWD time limit?
- Tell you how long your benefits are certified for, what changes you need to report to DTA, and when you need to send back an Interim Report and/or a Recertification form. See What changes do I need to report to DTA?
- Explain your rights and responsibilities, as well as the penalties for committing fraud or for other program rules.
- Issue you an EBT card if don’t have one– either by mail or in person at the DTA office – and tell you how to use the EBT card.
SNAP interview rules: 106 C.M.R. §§361.500- 361-550.
DTA Online Guide: SNAP > Application Processing > SNAP Application Processing > The Application Interview