You are here

Want to share what you like about MassLegalHelp with us?


Can I get help if I have a disability?

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute with assistance from legal services offices in Massachusetts
Created May 2017

Can I get help if I have a disability?

If you are in Housing Court and you or someone in your household is disabled, ask the clerk where the Tenancy Preservation Program is. The Tenancy Preservation Program works with tenants facing eviction that is related to a disability. Disabilities include mental health, substance abuse, and age-related disabilities. The Program helps individuals and families with children. It is voluntary and works with the landlord and tenant to develop a plan to preserve the tenancy.


Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Get Negotiating a Settlement (Booklet 10)

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm