The Access to Justice Commission Housing Working Group with Massachusetts Legal Aid programs created a four-part training series for community partners who are often the front line for tenants at risk of eviction.
- Understanding the Eviction Process. Summary Process Eviction Basics
- Tools for Tenants Facing Eviction
- Navigating the Eviction Process and Accessing Available Resources.
An introduction to Summary Process law in Massachusetts. This video tells community advocates how to identify the:
- Type of eviction a tenant may be facing, and,
- Stage in the eviction process the tenant is.
Explains and shows how to use Massachusetts Defense for Eviction (MADE) to create Summary Process Answers and MassLegalHelp.org.
These RAFT rules changed after recording this video:
- $10,000 is available for everyone, not only those affected by COVID.
- Your landlord does not need to agree to keep you in your apartment for six months.
Tenants should try to get help with rent throughout their Summary Process case. The video includes a quick action plan guide to get tenants to available resources.