Income and Expenses

Produced by Attorney Mariah Jennings-Rampsi for MassLegalHelp
Created October 2016

Each article links to the Bankruptcy form you need.

Get the form from the US Bankrupcty Court and follow the instructions for filling it out.

Start with Chapter 7 Statement of Currently Monthly Income Form 122A-1 (Monthly Income Statement).

The Statement of Current Monthlyl Income helps you figure out if your income is low enough to file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

When you finish the Income and Expenses forms, move on to the forms about Property.

Filing without a lawyer

  • Bankruptcy is complicated. Filing without a lawyer is risky.
  • You can lose property and money. You can go to jail if you do not tell the truth.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm