Where do we file our agreement to change an order or a judgment?

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Reviewed October 2019

File your packet of forms at the same Probate and Family Court that made the judgment or temporary order you want to change.

You can file your forms:

  • in person at the Registry of Probate office, or
  • by mailing them to the Probate and Family Court.

The Probate and Family Court website has the address of each courthouse.  Click the name of the court to get the address.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm