Want to share what you like about MassLegalHelp with us?


Getting a Parenting Time or Visitation Order

Produced by Attorney Jeff Wolf for MassLegalHelp
Reviewed February, 2018

If you are a parent and you need to ask the court for a Parenting Time or Visitation Order, use a complaint, the Affidavit Disclosing Care or Custody Proceeding,  a motion, an affidavit, a proposed order, or a 209A complaint.

Sometimes you need to file a few of these forms. Sometimes you only need to file 2. You use different forms if you or your children are not safe.

If the other parent files a complaint about parenting time or visitation, you should file an answer.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm